WHO WE ARE
Argon IT Services Limited, Isle of Man Company No 129114C, operates from its registered offices at Argon House, Freeport, Ballasalla, Isle of Man, IM9 2AP. We are an Isle of Man information technology solutions provider with a history tracing back to 1983. We are the providers of the website argon.im.
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect and Process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site
- We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also pass your details to third party ratings sites to assess the quality of our customer service. However, you do not have the right to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To identify patterns that we can use in our marketing strategy and to help us develop, administer, support and improve our services and features and adverts;
- To conduct reviews that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure
USE OF YOUR DATA FOR MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION
Sometimes we may use your personal information to provide marketing messages to you. We will always seek your consent before doing so and you can opt out of marketing and other communications at any time. You can always make use of the Site without having to agree to marketing. The types of things that we may do include:
- Providing direct marketing advertisements and communications to you via email, text, post or telephone
- Communicating with you on third party social media platforms and sharing your information with that social media platform;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of our direct marketing communications and your responses to it
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please do not tick the relevant box situated on the forms on which we collect your data
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group. This means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, all as defined in the relevant sections of the Companies Act.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties for the purposes of customer surveys.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or contractors. Territories outside of the EEA may not have equivalent legal protections to those that apply within the EEA but we are under a duty to make sure that our suppliers and contractors located outside of the EEA continue to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We follow strict security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed or disclosed to a third party without your permission and to prevent unauthorised access to it. The computers that store the information are kept in a secure facility with restricted physical access and we use secure firewalls and other measures to restrict electronic access. If we are working with third parties, we will require them to have in place similar measures to protect your information.
Only employees who need access to your information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. We may require you to co-operate with our security checks before we disclose information to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes. (This includes the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails).
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
When requested we will provide you with a copy of any personal data gathered through our site about you. If instructed to do so we will remove your personal data from our database or correct any errors held. Please contact us at: [email protected] or at the address above.
We may collect information about your computer. This includes where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, and to report statistical about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
We may obtain information about your use of our site by using a cookie file. This is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred onto your computer’s hard drive. This helps us improve our service to you as cookies help analyse web traffic and improve our site to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical purposes.
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy